Thursday, February 28, 2013

C4K Summary for February

C4K #1
For my first C4K post assignment, I was able to read the latest post of La'Quaisa, a tenth grade American Literature student at Baldwin County High School. The latest post that La'Quaisa had published about the story of Tom Walker. In this post, she told readers that Tom Walker was a greedy man. He kept everything from his wife and always lied to her. He was soon doomed, however, when the Devil himself took Tom away on the back of a black horse. They ran away to an old fortress and disappeared into the lightning. She also had a picture depicting the scene in which Tom was kidnapped.
I was not completely sure how to comment on a post of a younger student, so I chose my words carefully and without correction. In my comment, I simply told La'Quaisa that she stayed on topic well and gave a clear, direct summary of the story of Tom Walker. I also wrote how I thought the picture of Tom Walker greatly captured the essence of everything she had written in her summary, and I look forward to seeing more of her posts in the future.
C4K #2
The C4K post that I was able to read this week was from James, a fourth-grader at an elementary school in Prichard, Alabama. This specific blog post was about why James should be president of the United States. In his post, he writes about how he would work with Congress to make laws that will ensure our country's safety, make sure all people are treated fairly, and help bring peace throughout the world. He admits that he realizes this career would be tough, but insists that he is ready and begs his readers to please vote for him.
In my comment, I praised James for being a great writer. I told him that he seemed very enthusiastic about being president and making changes in the world around him. I wrote to never give up on his dreams and to always do the best he could, and he could very well be president in the future. I ended my comment by telling James that I looked forward to reading more of his posts.
C4K #3
This week, the student blog that I was assigned to read was that of Melaia. According to her post, Melaia is a five year student in Room 14 at Pt. England School in Auckland, NZ. Her teacher is Miss Ouano, and she says that she really enjoys her class. So far, this is the latest post that Melaia has published.
My comment on Melaia's post was pretty short and simple. I told her my name and that I was a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama in the United States. I let her know that I was happy to meet her, and always looked forward to meeting new people. I also told her that I enjoyed learning about people like her from other parts of the world, and that I hoped to get to read more of her posts in the future.
C4K #4
The C4K post that I was assigned this week was that of a tenth-grade American Literature student at Baldwin County High School named Matthew. In this blog post, which is entitled "Hegemony", Matthew tells the story of how a friend once asked him if he was better than their other friend at basketball. Matthew told him that he wasn't, and his friend got angry at him because, as Matthew says, he was "trying to prove a point".
I commented on Matthew's blog and told him who I was, and that I had enjoyed reading his post. I let him know that his story was a great example of the importance of being honest. Although his friend got mad at his answer, Matthew proved to be a true friend by not lying to him. I told him that all real friends will appreciate honesty in the long run, and that I was looking forward to reading more of his posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment