Tuesday, April 23, 2013

C4K Summary for April

C4K #9

This week's post was written by a boy in Nebraska named Jonathan H. in Mrs. Geldes's class, and the post was entitled "Nebraska is Wickid". In this blog post, Jonathan describes his home state with a sense of pride almost as easily detectable as someone from the south. He is from Bellevue, Nebraska, and he first explains that he loves football. He names some of the teams there, such as Cornhuskers and the Omaha Storm Chasers. He lists some of the tourist attractions there, which include the Henry Doorly Zoo, Mahoney State Park, and Carhengeare. Jonathan was also very knowledgeable about the aspects that his state is represented by. He tells readers that the Western meadowlark is the state bird, the Mammoth is the state fossil, the cottonwood tree is the state tree, and the golden rod is the state flower. He ends this piece of writing with the state motto, which is "Equality before the law".

I first introduced myself to Jonathan H. and told him that I was from Alabama. He wrote at the end of the post that he wanted to know about where his readers were from, so I told him a little about myself. I wrote in my comment that I also loved football, and that one of the best teams down here was the Alabama Crimson Tide (and I threw in a "Roll Tide!" after that!). I told him that one of our biggest attractions here was the beach, and although our weather changed often, it was mostly warm and rainy. I also wrote that because we were southern, most people here were very hospitable and are willing to lend a helping hand to someone in need at any moment. I told him that he seemed like he had much love and pride for his home state, and that he was great at persuading others to want to visit Nebraska. I thanked him for sharing his blog post, and I told him that I was looking forward to reading more from him in the future.

C4K #10

The C4K that I was assigned to read this week was posted by a girl named Sophie from Miss Jordan's 4KJ class in Australia. This post was simply about Sophie introducing herself to the blogging world, and she listed five facts about herself. She wrote that her favorite sport is netball, her favorite animal is a horse, her favorite activity is roller skating with her sister, she loves to eat chocolate (but only sometimes), and she has a dog and a bird. She then wrote then asked her readers what they liked.

I wrote back to Sophie by first introducing myself. I told her that I did not know what netball was but that it sounded like fun. I told her that I used to have a horse and that I loved to ride him, and that I loved roller skating when I was younger. I wrote that chocolate was probably one of my favorite snacks of all time. I also told her that I did not have a bird as a pet but that I did have a dog whose name is Sophie! I told her that I had never been to Australia but that I planned on going there one day. I ended my comment by telling her that I enjoyed learning about new people and what their likes and dislikes are, and I wrote that I was looking forward to reading more of her posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment