Thursday, April 4, 2013

C4K Summary for March

C4K #5

The student whose blog I was assigned to read this week is named Dakota H.from Mr. Boylen's 2012-2013 LA class. In this blog, Dakota is answering whether or not he thinks that students gain anything from blogging with other people. He writes in his post that he does believe students have a lot to gain from blogging with others. He explains that by blogging, a person is able to learn about people whose culture, backgrounds, and lifestyles are different than ours. He feels that only personality types and the amount of work a person puts into blogging can affect how an individual feels about it. He admits that the only thing that makes it difficult for him is the way that the website is set up.
I began my comment on his post by first explaining who I was, of course. I strongly agreed with his perspective on the subject. I told him that before this semester, I was not very familiar with different aspects of technology or cultures that differed greatly from my own. I wrote that now I am quickly gaining much knowledge from blogging. I ended by telling him that he was a great writer and seemed to have a very open mind. I explained that this was a good quality in students because they are able to become fast learners this way.

C4K #6
This week, I had the privelege of reading a blog entitled "If We Share" by Jack from Mr. Huebl's classroom in Australia. I enjoyed this blog post the most out of all the ones that I have read so far because it was so simple, yet said so much. In his post, Jack talks about how most people think they can only share their personal items (in his example, toys and books). What they don't realize, however, is that they can also share personal qualities, such as time, knowledge, and skills. He tells readers that while some enjoy sharing, others think that it is boring. He concludes his post by writing that if we all worked together and all shared, we can be happy and make a change.

I commented on Jack's blog and let him know how much I enjoyed this post. I told him that the qualities about ourselves that we can share with others are some of the most valuable things that we can share in the long run. As for people not enjoying sharing, I stated that people do not realize that by reaching out to others and putting their needs before our own, there is more joy to be found. Although we live in a world full of promotion of selfishness, people really will make changes if they shift their focuses to others instead of themselves. I praised him for such a great post, and told him that I am looking forward to reading more from him.

C4K #7

This week's C4K Assignment was from a student named Sarah in Mrs. Lentine's K Harbor 7 class. Sarah's post was entitled "Wretches and Jabbers" and it was a response to a video she watched which taught education on autism. She wrote in her post that before she watched the video, she did not really know about autism. She thanked the creators of the video and asked if they would continue going anywhere else? She said that she hoped that they continue to educate people on autism because it is something people really need to know.

In my comment, I first introduced myself to Sarah. I basically told her that I really enjoyed her post and completely agreed with what she felt about autism. I stated that until recently, I was not very well educated on autism; throughout this semester, however, I am much more understanding of it and have a deeper appreciation for it than I did before. I wrote that I don't think you can truly appreciate something or understand its whole value until you have been educated on it and know about it well. I thanked her for her post, and let her know that I hoped to be able to read more of her posts in the future.

C4K #8

The post that I was able to read this week was written by Aspen H. of Mr. Boylen's Language Arts class. He told about playing basketball and gave a very vivid description of each game and how he felt various emotions in each moment. He also described the fun that he had in between games, and talked about how much he enjoyed being around his friends and family through it all.

I first introduced myself to Aspen H., and let him know that I thoroughly enjoyed reading his post. I told him that I had never played basketball, but I did compete in various school competitions when I was younger, and understood the value of every moment that passed by. I also told him that he seemed to be very passionate and enthusiastic about what he does, which is a key ingredient in all writings. I once again let him know how much I liked his post, and said that I hoped that I could read more from him soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment